Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blog Post #6

What are PLN's?

A PLN or personal learning network is an online method that someone can engage and exchange information with a group of people. Educators can use PLN's in a variety of ways. A few examples of this would be: professional development, locating resources, lesson plan ideas, and finding collaborating solutions. There are also many different resources that educators could use and find. One example, for instance, is this; Blogger. Blogger is a great way for teachers, and students, to communicate with individuals they have never met. Two other great, and also popular, PLN's are Facebook and Twitter. We use these PLN's in this EDM310 class. I have noticed that it has helped me get more involved in the class and the peers that are in my class as well as the ones that aren't. I never realized until now, that I started my PLN's a long time ago between my facebook, twitter, blogger, and a few other social media sites. I believe that PLN's are important in a classroom. It allows the teacher to ask and answer questions that may or may not be brought up in the classroom. Also, educators can communicate with one another and possibly learn things from each other. PLN"s, also, aren't just for teachers; they are for students as well.

PLN tools

1 comment: