Thursday, April 3, 2014

C4T #3

C4T #3 Post #1

This week I was assigned to Liz B. Davis. She is the Director of Academic Technology at Belmont Hill School, an all boys independent school. In her post, Passion Driven Professional Development-Teachers Unplugged at NAISAC14, she outlines an Edcamp style conference. This idea, in my opinion, is absoutely brilliant.

My Reply

Hello Mrs. Davis, My name is Caroline Parker, I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I enjoyed reading your blog. I love how you outlined your whole event for individuals that could not attend. I think the whole idea of an unconference is brilliant!! Everyone comes with their own knowledge to inform others and you can move from 'group to group'. I think educators can leave this conference knowing/learning various amounts of information. Please feel free to visit to visit my blog at Caroline Parker's EDM310 Blog or my EDM310 Class Blog

C4T #3 Post #2

This week I read one of Liz's previous post 4 Things I Love about Design Thinking in Education. She discusses four of her favorite things about this process of learning and discovery. There are five stages of this design process: 1)discovery, 2)interpretation, 3)ideation, 4)experimentation, and 5)evolution.

My Reply

Hello Mrs. Davis, It's Caroline Parker from the University of South Alabama again. I enjoyed reading this blog post. I have never heard of Design Thinking before, until I came across your blog. After reading this blog, I plan on trying this in my future classroom. I like how the students come up with the problems instead of you asking the students. It makes the students brainstorm and think "outside the box". Once again, I absoutely LOVE this activity! I hope to see more of your post shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment