Wednesday, April 23, 2014

C4T #4

C4T #4 Post #1

This week I was assigned to J.F. Hadley. She is a middle school history teacher at Springside Chestnut Hill Academy. Mrs. Hadley is also the Faculty Advisor for the Games for Change Club. She is also the author of three articles for ISTE'S Learning and Leading. Mrs. Haley always knew she wanted to be an educator from the very beginning. Also, Mrs. Hadley is the presenter of four different conferences. In her blog, Just Laugh she discusses the day her and her students returned from a school break. The blog was educational, yet entertaining.

My Reply

Hello Mrs. Hadley. My name is Caroline Parker. I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this blog post! I like how you put your students into groups on the second day back. I like the idea of letting students work in groups. They get to put two, three, or four different minds together to come up with one solution/answer. It also can open the students minds to think about something that they might not have thought about. I like how you rethought your reaction to your students that were giggling. Sometimes thats exactly what teachers have/need to do. I enjoyed reading this blog. I hope to come across your blog again soon. Please visit My Blog or the Class Blog.

C4T #4 Post #2

In one of Mrs.Hadley's older post, she discusses an assignment she gave her students before their holiday assembly. This assignement had to keep her students busy for 70 minutes. She gave each group a Tabletop Mapmaker Set from the National Geographic to make a map of Africa. I absoutely LOVE this idea!!

My Reply

Hey Mrs. Hadley! I absoutely LOVE this idea! I am going to have to use this in my future classroom! I think it's great that students work together to put a maap of Africa together. I also, like that it incorporates art. It's multisubjected. It keeps the students attention. I am a future educator to teach elementary grades myself. I believe I will be able to use this task in my future classes. I look forward to it! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this blog post. I hope I come across your blog again soon. Please visit My Blog or the Class Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment